“the advancement of education for the public benefit in the science of neuroanaesthesia and neurointensive care”
The society is run by a council of elected members and a President, who is currently Dr Sally Wilson. As the official representative of neuroanaesthesia and neuro-intensive care, the society deals with any external bodies requiring guidance on these matters including:
- The Department of Health
- The Royal College of Anaesthetists
- The Association of Anaesthetists
- The Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
- Intensive Care Society
- National Institute of Academic Anaesthesia
- Regional advisory groups.
The Society is also responsible for setting educational guidelines for training in the specialty and also supporting its members for higher awards.
Although joining the scheme is a commercial consideration for companies, they should be reassured that the society is very keen that this “Meeting of Minds” should succeed in ultimately producing benefits for patient care and the number of packages on offer is therefore limited.The Current packages on