The Society aims to facilitate high quality surveys by members, formembers, via ‘Survey Galaxy’. If you have a survey idea, this is the process:
- Check the list of previous surveys to make sure you are not repeating a recent topic.
- Decide who your target audience is – are you asking all members of the society, just departmental linkmen, or neurocritical care linkmen? This will determine how you structure some questions.
- Create a questionnaire ‘offline’, e.g. in MS Word. Too many free text options makes answers very difficult to interpret in a meaningful way.
- You should include an introductory paragraph that will appear at the beginning of the survey. This could include 1 or 2 references.
- e-mail the completed document to our survey facilitator Dr Simon P Young at [email protected]. Please make it clear if the survey is intended for all members, or departmental linkmen – neuroanaesthetic and/or neurocritical care.
- The survey facilitator will then format the survey on Survey Galaxy, and let you check that the draft works as you expect.
- The invitation to participate in the survey will then be sent out by the Society as a ‘url’ link in an e-mail to members.