This award is given in appreciation of a career devoted to research and teaching of the science and practice of Neuroanaesthesia or Neurocritical Care or outstanding service to the Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care Society.
Lifetime Achievement Awardees
- Nominee should be a UK based clinician or investigator in Neuroanaesthesia or Neurocritical Care for at least 20 years.
- Nominee does not have to be a current Full Member of the Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care Society (NACCS).
- Nominee should be recognised for making outstanding contributions to the science or practice of Neuroanaesthesia or Neurocritical Care Medicine.
- Nominee who has shown outstanding Council participation or leadership advancing the Societies objectives will be considered.
- Nominee should be recognised by his/her peers as an outstanding clinician and/or researcher, teacher, and mentor.
- There will be a maximum of one Lifetime Achievement Award allocated per annum.
- Nominees must be proposed by at least three current Full Members of the Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care Society.
- For each nominee a maximum of one current Council Member is allowed to act as proposer.
- All nominations must be submitted using the application form and submitted to the Honorary Secretary of the Neuroanaesthesia and Critical Care Society.
- The closing date for nominations is the start of the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
- All nominations will be reviewed by the NACCS Executive and submitted for review at the Council Meeting following the ASM.
- The Executive has the right to seek further information from the applicant before a decision is made.
- The Executive has the right to defer a decision if not all criteria are met.
- Successful nominees will be informed of decision in good time to receive award.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards will be awarded at the ASM.